|You may ask how do you balance ministry or entrepreneurship when you have a family, married, a single mother or whatever your situation might be. We must prioritize our time between our families and serving. The word prioritize simply means to organize, to arrange, and order your assignments. In this process we must not forget that God is the reason we live, move and have our being. It is because of him alone that we live so we must acknowledge him first in all we do, even in our marriage, before our children and careers we must put him first. I do understand that we have life circumstances that arise but when were wholeheartedly and fully attentive to God’s business our affairs will be taken care of.
How do you balance?
- Ministry: be consistence in your fasting, praying and consecration to the lord
- Interact with God daily (build a relationship)
- Desire to know what he would have you to do for his Kingdom
- Always serve ( be willing)
- Family: Pray together consistently
- Choose a day/night dedicated to your family ( game night, quiet dinner, movie night)
- Make quality time for yourself
- Communicate with your children daily and listen
Entrepreneur: Provide the fundamentals of quality service with building a solid foundation.
- Practice Effective Communication (clear, concise, listening )
- Be Responsive in a timely manner (manage your time)
- Establish trust in your relationship with clients
- Provide Quality Service
I admonish you to stay dedicated to God knowing that he is the source to what’s keeping your family together. According to his word Exodus 20:5 ” Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me”. God is talking about people, places or things that we may admire more than him. This could be our husband, children, career, money, fame, etc. This is the reason we must keep the balance so we don’t become idolaters in the body of Christ. Let’s be wise women of God like the bible speaks of in Proverbs 14:1.
Stay clean before the lord, keep your mind renewed by the word. Apply Godly wisdom to your circumstances, pray as often and fervently and avoid striving in flesh, but trust in God to bring his good purpose to pass in your life.